Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety Wrap Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Anxiety Symptoms Can Sideline A Lifefrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
With million of Americans suffering from one anxiety disorder or another, this mental illness is considered one of the most predominate and costly in the country. An estimated $22.8 billion is spent on anxiety-related problems each year. Understanding why these disorders are so debilitating starts with taking a closer look at anxiety symptoms. In their worst forms, they can cause people to completely isolate themselves from the world outside.
Which anxiety symptoms will appear in a person does depend a lot on the severity of the condition and the type of anxiety disorder present. Some symptoms are fairly common in people with anxiety conditions, but others tend to center around one specific disorder or another.
Some of the more common anxiety symptoms include:
* Extreme worry and tension. This may or may not be related to an irrational worry or concern.
* Unrealistic views. When people continually make mountains out of mole hills, this can be a sign of anxiety disorder.
* Angst. People with anxiety symptoms tend to be a bit on edge and are generally quite restless.
* Headaches. This is a "physical" symptom that can go along with some anxiety disorders. Other physical manifestations include sweating, nausea, muscle tightness and frequent urination.
* Lack of focus. Having a difficult time concentrating is a potential anxiety symptom. This is especially the case when concentration is blocked by other concerns. * Insomnia. This is a very common anxiety symptom. When a person suffers from insomnia, it can also lead to irritability and crankiness.
Anxiety symptoms can range a great deal from person to person. If panic attacks happen to be present, they will tend to present with their own set of symptoms. In addition to the above anxiety symptoms, a person who suffers from attacks might feel:
* Extreme, sudden fear. Some people describe panic attacks as if it feels like a bus is hitting them. Without warning, they strike and overwhelm a person with fear - irrational or otherwise.
* Heart palpitations. A racing heart that feels like it is beating out of a chest is a very common sign of a panic attack. This is one of the reasons why many people believe they are having a heart attack.
* Fear of dying. Because of the physical symptoms of panic attacks, some people truly believe they are succumbing to deal in the throes of an episode.
* Trembling. Uncontrollable shaking, sweating and other physical signs can go along with an attack.
Anxiety symptoms are felt by millions of people a year. In many cases, the symptoms are transient and might not ever return. For others, however, the symptoms become a part of life and generally require professional help to treat.
Anxiety Wrap News
Obama's FCC Pick Tom Wheeler Appears Before Senate Committee - Yahoo! Movies (blog)
Obama's FCC Pick Tom Wheeler Appears Before Senate Committee
Yahoo! Movies (blog)
The Wrap By Ira Teinowitz | The Wrap – 14 hours ago ... "I hope you understand the anxiety among lawmakers when a potential agency chairman who is tasked with executing the law discusses using a back door to imposing a regulatory regime," said Thune.
Finding Her Voice: Son's memory leads Reservist at Patrick AFB on worldwide ... - Pactrick Air Force Base
Finding Her Voice: Son's memory leads Reservist at Patrick AFB on worldwide ...
Pactrick Air Force Base
"They got to the 10th woman, and I thought, 'That's a wrap!' I was convinced I was not going to be selected." Then at 2:04 p.m. on Feb. 22, Myers received a ... They are still in the start-up stages of the project, but Myers said AJ's Peace Project ...
Singing for Health group to protest program's closure at Parliament House - Herald Sun
Singing for Health group to protest program's closure at Parliament House
Woodcroft woman Marie Ryan, 59, of Woodcroft, who is who is vision impaired, said before she started singing with the group two years ago she suffered panic and anxiety attacks. Mrs Ryan said the group of about 30 singers were not going to give up ...
Lynas drops case against Malaysia greens - Herald Sun
Lynas drops case against Malaysia greens
Adolf Hitler. BREKKIE WRAP: NORTH Korean leader Kim Jong-un is handing out copies of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf in an effort to sow fear among top officials. ... "There were many statements and claims ... which caused anxiety for the community," he said.
Angelina Jolie sparks big rise in inquiries to Cancer Council - Herald Sun
Angelina Jolie sparks big rise in inquiries to Cancer Council
... a forum to ask questions and access information was invaluable. "We hope this webinair will reduce unnecessary anxiety we have seen in patients since Ms Jolie's announcement and provide women with the resources of where to go next if genetic ...
Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity' - Cedartown Standard
Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
As the anti-apartheid hero spent a 10th day in the hospital, Graca Machel expressed the family's gratitude for the support "from South Africans, Africans across the continent, and thousands more from across the world ... to lighten the burden of ...