Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Attacking Anxiety And Depression Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
What To Watch Out For When Taking Anxiety Medicationfrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety medication can be very useful for helping people regain control over their lives. Working to alleviate some of the more troublesome symptoms of anxiety, this medication can be a lifesaver. It does not matter, however, which particular brand name anxiety medication is taken, there are some cautions that go along with using these kind of drugs to combat the symptoms of attacks.
What To Tell A Doctor
Before accepting an anxiety medication to treat attacks, it is very wise to make sure a doctor is well apprised of a few things. Anxiety medication can be dangerous in some cases. Some of the thing to be certain to mention clearly include:
* Full medical history. Make sure the doctor knows about past illnesses, diseases and family history. Anxiety medication can be dangerous for use in patients with certain other medical conditions.
* All medications in use. Provide a doctor with a full list of every other medication currently in use. This includes over the counter drugs and herbal remedies. Some of these can have very dangerous interactions with anxiety medication. The more a doctor knows, the better.
* Addiction issues. If addiction has been a problem in the past, it is important to mention this. While it might not impact ability to take anxiety medication, it might signal the need for the doctor to more closely supervise use. Anxiety medication can be addictive in certain circumstances.
What To Do When Taking Medication
Anxiety medication can be incredibly useful in removing some of the more troublesome symptoms. It cannot, however, work on its own. For maximum effectiveness with any anxiety medication, it is very important patients:
* Take medication as prescribed. Some medications take a while to work. Following the directions exactly can be very important. This include dosage amounts, times and whether or not to eat food when taking the prescription.
* Report any side effects. Some of these medications have a potential for serious side effects. If these are a concern, report them immediately to a physician. If side effects are particularly severe, emergency medical attention might be in order.
* Discuss any new medications. Make sure the doctor prescribing anxiety medication knows about any other medication introduced while taking it. This includes herbs and over the counter drugs. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Anxiety medication can provide just the boost a person needs to work through and beyond attack symptoms. Taking it correctly and safely does matter though. The more patients share with their doctors, the better.
Attacking Anxiety And Depression News
Doctors perform thousands of unnecessary surgeries - USA TODAY
Doctors perform thousands of unnecessary surgeries
"If patients have operations they don't need, they risk having major problems — infections, paralysis, heart attacks, strokes," Epstein says. Yet she notes that virtually no data are ... But I struggle with depression, anxiety. It's been hard." A ...
Investors Should Be Nervous When Greed Overcomes Fear In Stocks - Forbes
Investors Should Be Nervous When Greed Overcomes Fear In Stocks
According to this theory, the emotional state progressively worsens as anxiety evolves into denial, fear, desperation, panic, capitulation, despondency, and ultimately depression. Once again in hindsight, the depression point in the cycle represents ...
Semantic Polarities and Psychopathologies in the Family – review - The Guardian
Semantic Polarities and Psychopathologies in the Family – review
Semantic Polarities opens with four case studies, four crises – an 11-year-old girl devastated by a first obsessive-compulsive attack, a successful young man paralysed by panic, a teenager relapsing into anorexia, and a single mother falling into ...
If your name is Ahmed or Fatima, you live in fear of NSA surveillance - The Guardian
If your name is Ahmed or Fatima, you live in fear of NSA surveillance
Starting as early as 2001 – immediately following the attacks on 11 September – the FBI began spying on Arab and Muslim communities across the United States, while the NYPD specifically kept tabs on Arab and Muslim communities in New York City. Any ...
Tony Mortimer: Depression nearly drove me to suicide - Metro
Tony Mortimer: Depression nearly drove me to suicide
'The sad thing is, alcohol helps stop the anxiety but drink too much and you start acting aggressively.' Mortimer began suffering from depression and would stay in bed for days on end. 'I'd try to go out but I'd have panic attacks,' he says. 'Sometimes ...
The futuristic face of health - Courier Mail
The futuristic face of health
Imagine if your mobile phone could warn you of an impending heart attack or send out an alert to a passerby. Or if your iPad could connect you to a specialist who could diagnose depression by looking at your facial ... At the University of Southern ...