Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Post Tramatic Stress Disorder Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Management Techniques Stress Reducers That Can Save Livesfrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Most people understand at the very least that stress is a killjoy. When it piles up and grinds a person day in and day out, the effects can be devastating. From mild to moderate exhaustion and irritation to actual life-threatening heart attacks, stress can have some rather serious implications. To help avoid the worst stress can dole out, many people look into different management techniques, stress reducers and relaxation ideas to help them.
There are a number of different management techniques, stress reducers and relaxation methods that are quite useful. The exact one to use or even combination of them will depend on the person at hand and what actually helps them relieve the pressures of stress and tension.
Top Management Techniques, Stress Reducers
There are five rather common management techniques stress reducers that people use to help themselves personally combat the impacts of stress. While some people find any one of these shine for them, others require more intensive treatment to stop stress from weighing them down. The top techniques include:
* Exercise. When it comes to management techniques, stress reducers and relaxation methods, this one is hard to top. By working off pent-up energy, vitalizing the mind and body and getting the circulation system pumping, exercise is effective for fighting off a number of problems. Stress just happens to be one of them.
* Meditation. Deep relaxation, breathing, meditation and visualization techniques are all quite useful in combating stress. Of the many management techniques stress reducers and relaxation methods going, this one shines for use almost anywhere. When a person feels themselves becoming stressed, they can exercise deep breathing to regain control. Visualization and meditation are often used to help a person focus on the positive, seek out ways to solve or cope with the negative and move on to a more stress-free way of life.
* Time management. One of the ways people manage to create stress in their own lives is by piling up too much work and not enough time to do it in. Time management can help people streamline their schedules, select priority projects and give them the tools to accomplish what is really necessary. The end result is often a reduction of stress.
* Organization. Believe it or not, when a home, office or even bedroom are in complete disarray, the mind can be, as well. Removing clutter, learning to better organize and manage one's daily life can all help relieve stress.
* Support systems. If there is too much to do, too much to worry about and not enough time to do it all, having a good support system can be very helpful. When it comes to management techniques stress reducing methods, getting outside or inside help for projects, problems or just plain talking can take a huge burden off a person's shoulders. Going it alone can compound the issues related to stress in a very big way.
Management techniques stress reduction ideas are very useful for almost anyone to employ. When tension is high, winding it in and lessening it can actually save a life.
Post Tramatic Stress Disorder News
For combat veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, 'fear ... - YubaNet (press release)
For combat veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, 'fear ...
YubaNet (press release)
NEW YORK, NY, May 18, 2013 - Chronic trauma can inflict lasting damage to brain regions associated with fear and anxiety. Previous imaging studies of people with post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, have shown that these brain regions can over-or ...
PTSD Combat Veterans' 'Fear Circuitry' In Brains Always On High Alert
Treatment is key to the new normalcy - Zanesville Times Recorder
Treatment is key to the new normalcy
Zanesville Times Recorder
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder can be caused by extremely traumatic stress, such as fearing you or someone close to you will die or experience traumatic injury. It is possible that in the years coming the victims might experience intense anxiety and ...
PTSD Patients' Brains Perform Abnormally, Even In Non-Stressful Conditions
PTSD lecture set
While honoring heroes, dogs aid service members with PTSD
Brain-imaging study links cannabinoid receptors to post-traumatic stress ... - Science Daily (press release)
Brain-imaging study links cannabinoid receptors to post-traumatic stress ...
Science Daily (press release)
The study divided 60 participants into three groups: participants with PTSD; participants with a history of trauma but no PTSD; and participants with no history of trauma or PTSD. Participants in all three groups received a harmless radioactive tracer ...
New Study On Brain's Cannabinoid Receptors May Lead To Treatment For PTSD
A Cannabinoid That Looks Like THC Could Be Key To Diagnosing PTSD
Marijuana-like compound could lead to first-ever medication for PTSD
Post-traumatic stress disorder coverage could become new workers ... - Twin Cities Daily Planet
Post-traumatic stress disorder coverage could become new workers ...
Twin Cities Daily Planet
Employees who experience a tragic event at work that results in post-traumatic stress disorder would be able to apply for worker's compensation under a bill on its way to the governor. HF1359/ SF1234* would add PTSD as a covered occupational disease ...
Military treats service dogs for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - NewsNet5.com - NewsNet5.com
Military treats service dogs for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - NewsNet5.com
Military treats service dogs for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Video; Photo. PTSD dog. Sgt. Jon Silvey holds his K-9 partner, Turbo. Photographer: KMGH Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published ...
Family of veteran who battled post-traumatic stress wants to help others with ... - The Republic
San Francisco Chronicle
Family of veteran who battled post-traumatic stress wants to help others with ...
FRANKLIN, Indiana — The parents of an Indiana soldier who died in a car crash after struggling with post-traumatic stress syndrome says there are thousands more veterans like their son who need help. Tyler Armacost served 16 months in Iraq and ...
Veteran's family aims to help others with PTSD