Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Herbal Fertility Medications Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Check Out Herbal Medication Options Closely Before Usingfrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Herbal medication has been used for literally hundreds, and in some cases thousands, of years to treat every ailment imaginable. From acne to menopausal complaints and beyond, herbal medication does have many very practical applications with a host of physical illnesses.
In many cases, herbal medication has proven itself useful even in clinical trials. Herbs such as saw palmetto, hops, aloe and others have all stood up quite well in many trials for the symptoms they can treat. Even major universities and medical facilities like the Mayo Clinic recommend certain herbal medication options for the treatment and/or prevention of some conditions.
But, is herbal medication always safe?
The answer is generally yes, but it does come with some caveats.
Herbal medication should be treated like any medication brought into a home. This means people who choose to use it should be very familiar with:
* Proper use. Whether herbal medication comes in tablet form or straight from the plant, the proper use should be understood. In the case of fresh herbs, for example, some plants might have parts that are considered toxic.
* Proper dosing. Just like vitamins and prescription drugs, herbal medication has its proper dosing. Too much of a good thing can be dangerous.
* Potential interactions. Some herbal medication can be dangerous when it is mixed with other drugs. St. John's wort and certain antidepressants, for example, can be toxic when blended together. Also, if other medications are in use, make sure the prescribing doctor knows about the herbal supplements. This can avoid the potential for bad combinations.
* Possible side effects. While most natural medications and supplements do not have major side effects, some do. Understanding what they are and what to watch out for is very important.
* Other safety concerns. Some herbal medication products are ideal for use in certain situations, but not others. Pregnant women, for example, might need to steer clear of some herbal medication products. People with liver or kidney disease might have issues with others. Know what the safety concerns are before taking any herbal medication. This goes for over-the-counter and prescription medications, too.
Herbal medication is generally considered quite safe for people to take. It does pay to completely understand what is going to be ingested and what potential hazards might be present. While most herbal medication products are considered quite useful, safe and effective, not all are recommended for every person. A few extra questions or a little more research can ensure the proper herbs are selected for the symptoms at hand.
Herbal Fertility Medications News
Oriental approach to fertility, infertility - Santa Ynez Valley News
Oriental approach to fertility, infertility
Santa Ynez Valley News
n Do not take over-the-counter medications — they toxify the body. Ask your doctor to eliminate or reduce dosage of all medications. Fertility acupuncture treatments and herbal therapy, for both partners, should be started two to three months before ...
Irregular Menses and Pain Caused by Adenomyosis or Endometriosis Can Be ... - PR Web (press release)
Irregular Menses and Pain Caused by Adenomyosis or Endometriosis Can Be ...
PR Web (press release)
"In China, treatment of endometriosis using Chinese herbal medicine (CHM) is routine and considerable research into the role of CHM in alleviating pain, promoting fertility, and preventing relapse has taken place. Following laparoscopic surgery women ...
Pain relief for tendinitis, sprains and strains - Sun-Sentinel
Pain relief for tendinitis, sprains and strains
Supplements or medications help. Most of you will opt for medications such as ibuprofen or naproxen (these are NSAIDs and are contraindicated in people with bleeding ulcers, among other conditions). My favorite anti-inflammatory supplements include ...
A Pre-Baby Detox: Necessary or Just a Fad? - TakePart
A Pre-Baby Detox: Necessary or Just a Fad?
But once you're pregnant—or even just thinking about trying—you may well wonder if the toxins we all absorb might have an effect on your fertility or on having a healthy baby. The truth is that because conventional medicine doesn't routinely test the ...