Welcome to Conquer Anxiety and Depression
Herbal Medications For Headache Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
The Best Herbal Medication For Children Depends On Symptoms, Safetyfrom: Conquer Anxiety and Depression
The use of herbal medicine dates back practically to the beginning of humanity. In many cases, herbal remedies are considered safe and sound for use on infants, children, adults and the elderly. The best herbal medication for children, however, is hard to nail down. When the best herbal medication for children is desired, it is smart to carefully review the options, the pros and the cons.
Selecting the best herbal medication for children typically hinges on a number of factors. Some of the things parents should consider before deciding a particular remedy is the best herbal medication for children include:
* The symptoms and cause. While the best herbal medication for children might take away the symptoms, if the cause isn't know, parents might find themselves playing an uncomfortable guessing game. Herbal medication can be very useful for treating children, but it does pay to err on the side of caution and make sure it is well understood exactly what is being treated.
* The safety. The best herbal medication for children, no matter the symptoms involved, will have proven itself safe for use in youngsters. Checking with physicians, scouring well-known medical web sites and reading labels can all provide the answers. Medical web sites, for example, will clearly state if an herb is safe for children's use or if the information is sketchy.
* Dosing. This is very important when dealing with even the best herbal medication for children. Youngsters do not typically require nearly as much medication, herbal or otherwise, as adults. Make sure dosing is carefully understood before any medication is given to a child.
* Potential side effects. While the best herbal medication for children will have no or limited side effects, it is important for parents to be aware of them. This can help parents gauge if there are any negative reactions to the medication. This rule of thumb also goes for prescription medications, too.
* Possible interactions. It can also be terribly important to understand what potential interactions there are. Certain herbal medications and particular foods, for example, do not go together well. Understanding the herbal medication and its warnings can prevent potential problems.
There are a number of herbal medications and supplements that have been shown effective and safe for use in children. Taking the time to research the options before giving a youngster a medication is still a very good idea. If there is any doubt at all, contacting a physician is often the wisest choice. The best herbal medication for children is the one that has proven itself for the symptoms and also is known to be safe for use.
Herbal Medications For Headache News
Homemade Remedies, Do They Work? - ChicagoNow (blog)
Homemade Remedies, Do They Work?
I've been brewing up my own herbal remedies since February. I can proudly admit that since February I haven't taken any over the counter allergy medicine, cold/flu medicine, headache medicine, or sleep aids (which are the types of medications I would ...
When food is a headache: Know common triggers for migraine - Sun-Sentinel
When food is a headache: Know common triggers for migraine
Migraine and pain management specialist Brian McGeeney, M.D., M.P.H., assistant professor of Neurology at Boston University School of Medicine, explains that the underlying problem for migraineurs is a super sensitive pain system: they have a greater ...
Allergan Survey: 1 in 5 Women Embarrassed to Talk About OAB - PharmaLive (press release) (subscription)
Allergan Survey: 1 in 5 Women Embarrassed to Talk About OAB
PharmaLive (press release) (subscription)
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Using BOTOX® with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you ...
The oil of life - Manila Standard Today
The oil of life
Manila Standard Today
It can help control headaches, tumors, rheumatism, skin diseases, boosts the body's immune system, aids digestion and ups energy levels. The oil extracted ... It is indeed nature's medicine cabinet, the Mother of all Herbs, and a miracle tree. Readers ...
Reduce Migraine Frequency Without Drugs, Here's How - eMaxHealth
Reduce Migraine Frequency Without Drugs, Here's How
A number of herbal remedies have been suggested for treatment of migraine as well. A recent report in Headache from a researcher at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center noted that “butterbur and feverfew are the 2 herbal oral preparations best studied ...
In pictures: Tanzania's traditional healers - BBC News
In pictures: Tanzania's traditional healers
He travels with his herbal medicine from home to home to visit patients. Sometimes he uses a private ... Treatment for minor ailments, such as headaches or dizziness, could cost between $3 (£2) and $6, a complicated fracture could be $122. Some healers ...